By Chris Goldberg
TopLaxRecruits.com, Posted 4/18/16
The STEPS Lacrosse North America Girls’ Rankings
The rankings are compiled by members of the TopLaxRecruits.com staff. STEPS Lacrosse is only the sponsor.
1. McDonogh School (MD) 11-0 Prev: No. 1
The Eagles host Roland Park Thursday in what could be their toughest IAAM test yet.
2. Summit (N.J.) 6-0 Prev: No. 5
The Hilltoppers downed Oak Knoll (NJ), 14-10, and then edged Eastport-South Manor (NY), 7-6, in the Gains for Brains tourney at Cold Spring Harbor.
3. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.) 8-0 Prev: No. 13
The Friars topped Oak Knoll School (NJ), 9-8, in overtime Saturday at Gains for Brains and host No. 4 Manhasset on Thursday.
4. Manhasset (N.Y.) 5-0 Prev: No. 6
The Indians play Thursday at St. Anthony’s (NY).
5. Good Counsel (MD) 12-1 Prev: No. 2
The Falcons bounced back from a stunning 10-4 loss to Roland Park (MD) with four decisive wins. They play at No. 1 McDonogh on April 25.
6. St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes (VA) 11-1 Prev: No. 3
The Saints edged Notre Dame Prep (MD), 13-11, and prepare for a DC Independent Schools League matchup with Georgetown Visitation (DC) on Tuesday.
7. Bayport-Blue Point (NY) 8-0 Prev: No. 19
The Phantoms play Wednesday at rival Mt. Sinai.
8. Smithtown West (NY) 5-0 Prev: No. 18
The Bulls downed Middle Country, 12-11.
9. Christian Brothers (NY) 4-0 Prev: No. 15
The Brothers will host Mt. Sinai (NY) next Monday.
10. Roland Park (MD) 9-1 Prev: NR
The Reds – who produced a shocking 10-4 win over previous No. 2 Good Counsel last Sunday – play Friday at No. 1 McDonogh.
11. Garden City (NY) 6-1 Prev: NR
The Trojans won a sizzling 8-7 overtime decision over Moorestown (NJ) at Gains for Brains, after handling Darien (CT), 13-5.
12. Bishop Ireton (VA) 11-2 Prev: No. 8
The Cardinals fell to No. 1 McDonogh. 18-8, and then won three straight.
13. Marriotts Ridge (MD) 7-0 Prev: No. 14
The Mustangs host Reservoir (MD) Tuesday.
14. Wantagh (NY) 6-1 Prev: NR
The Warriors downed Ridgewood (NJ), 12-8 at Gains for Brains
15. Milton (GA) 13-2 Prev: No. 12
The Eagles fell to Good Counsel (MD), 16-5, and also gained easy wins over Myers Park (NC) and Hinsdale Central (ILL) in the Legacy Cup.
16. Northport (NY) 6-0 Prev: NR
The Tigers host No. 20 Middle Country on Wednesday
17. Ridgewood (N.J.) 5-1 Prev: No. 10
The Maroons fell to Wantagh (NY), 12-8, in Gains For Brains.
18. Moorestown (NJ) 5-1 Prev: No. 11
The Quakers fell to Garden City (NY), 8-7, in overtime at Gains for Brains.
19. Conestoga (PA) 6-0 Prev: No. 20
The Pioneers had keys wins over Radnor, 10-8, and Great Valley, 13-6.
20. (tie) Middle Country (NY) 6-1; Prev: No. 16
The Wolverines downed new Canaan (CT), 13-10, at Gains for Brains and travel to No. 16 Northport Wednesday.
20. (tie) Darien (CT) 5-1 Prev: No. 17
The Blue Wave bounced back from a 13-5 loss at Garden City (NY) by defeating West Islip (NY), 9-8 at Gains for Brains.
Under consideration: Agnes Irwin (PA) 6-4; Century (MD) 6-2; Cold Spring Harbor (NY) 7-2; Eastport-South Manor (NY) 5-3; Episcopal Academy (PA) 12-1; Garnet Valley (PA) 8-0; Glenelg (MD) 6-0; Manchester Valley (MD) 8-1; Mattatuck (NY) 6-2; Mt. Hebron (MD) 6-2; Mt. Sinai (NY) 6-1; New Canaan (CT) 6-1; Oak Knoll (N.J.) 3-2; Robinson (VA) 10-0; Severna Park (MD) 8-0; Shoreham-Wading River (NY) 6-1; St. Mary’s (MD) 8-3; Suffern (NY) 4-2; Vero Beach (FL) 15-4; West Islip (NY) 5-2; West Genesee (NY) 3-0; Westwood (MA) 3-0.
STEPS Lacrosse offers elite training and travel teams for girls and boys, as well as summer camps, team training and elite tournaments. For more information on all STEPS programs, click here: http://www.stepslacrosse.com