By Renee Olivett
TopLaxRecruits.com, Posted 3/7/17
The TopLaxRecruits.com Southern Boys’ Rankings
1. St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) 8-0: The Raiders added wins over Plantation 17-0 and Lake Mary 8-5.
2. St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes (VA) 0-0: The Saints open Wednesday at Calverton (MD).
3. Highland Park (TX) 3-0: The Fighting Scots defeated Southlake 11-6. They face three tough Eastern opponents in this weekend’s Brine King of Spring in North Carolina: Friday vs. Cape Henry Collegiate (VA), Saturday vs. NorthWest Guilford (C) and Monday vs. North America’s top-ranked team, McDonogh (MD).
4. Lambert (GA) 5-0: The Longhorns have a big game today vs. Johns Creek and gear for some key games at the King of Spring, Saturday vs. No. 6 Cardinal Gibbons and Sunday vs. MIAA power Calvert Hall.
5. The Woodlands (TX) 8-0: The Highlanders added three wins to stay undefeated and play today at Houston Christian.
6. Cardinal Gibbons (N.C.) 3-0: The Crusaders started their season with wins against Northern Durham 17-2, Lake Norman 9-4 and Durham Academy 18-9. They play No. 4 Lambert Friday at King of Spring and Tuesday they host North America No. 1 McDonogh.
7. St Anne’s-Belfield (VA) 0-0: The Saints open with a tough test Friday vs. No. 9 Wando at King of Spring.
8. Ponte Vedra (FL) 7-0: The Sharks added a key win over IMG Academy 15-13.
9. Wando (S.C.) 3-0: The Warriors added a strong 13-3 win over Fort Mill. They face St. Anne’s-Belfield on Friday at King of Spring.
10. Charlotte Catholic (N.C.) 4-0 : The Cougars added wins over Butler, Providence Day and South Mecklenburg.
Under Consideration: Apex (N.C.) 2-0, Centennial (GA) 4-1, Collegiate School (VA) 0-0, Dallas Jesuit (TX) 4-1, Dominion (VA) 0-0, Episcopal Dallas (TX) 4-0, IMG Academy (FL) 8-1, Kell (GA) 7-1, Lake Norman (N.C.) 1-1, Lassiter (GA) 3-0, McCallie (N) 1-0, Memphis University School (TN) 1-0, Norfolk Academy (VA) 0-0,Northwest Guilford (NC) 1-0, Paul VI (VA) 0-0, Pope (GA) 5-0, Ravenscroft (NC) 0-0, Saint Andrew’s (FL) 9-1, St. Christopher’s (VA) 0-0, Westminster (GA) 5-1.