TopLaxRecruits.com, Posted 2/3/14
Brian Dougherty and Drew Adams are proud to announce the first annual E20 Adams & Dougherty Elite Goalie School. This is an overnight camp that will be held from June 16-19 at Bryn Athyn College located just outside of Philadelphia and is open to anyone in the USA and Canada.
Twenty goalies from each graduation year (2016, 2017 & 2018) will be selected by Dougherty, Adams and their staff to attend the invite only camp. Goalies will receive personal training by some of the best goalies to play the game. Training will include:
• Elite Goalie Staff
• Personal Video Breakdown
• One–on-One Instruction
• Learn the PHLow System
• Learning Team Defense
• Communication Techniques
• Defensive Concepts
• Proper Weight Training
• Goalie Recruiting Process
• Goalie Recruiting Recommendations to colleges
• High Level Shots from top high school and college players
• Live Demonstrations
• Learn the Best Drills from the Best
• Proper Stick and Foot Work
The camp will run from check in on the morning of Monday, June 16 to the late afternoon of Thursday, June 19. Players will stay in the brand new suites that include kitchens, washer/dryers and air conditioning.
E20 staff will consist of All-World and Hall of Fame goalie Brian Dougherty (Maryland), current New York Lizards and MLL All Star goaltender Drew Adams (Penn State); Penn State keeper and First Team All American Austin “Sparky” Kaut; and Maryland’s Second Team All American Niko Amato. All four goalies have earned All-American status at their respected universities.
“This camp has been in the works for years. Drew and I have assembled a staff that cannot be compared to any goalie camp in this country, and we are proud of that,” said Dougherty.
Coach’s recommendations can be filled out by going to www.bagglax.net under the horizontal tab of E20 Elite Goalie School. Recommendations and must be received no later than April 15, 2014.
Any questions contact Joe Karpinski at email@example.com.
Brian “Doc” Dougherty
Doc is the current Head Coach at Chestnut Hill College located in Philadelphia. He graduated from Episcopal Academy in Merion prior to playing collegiate level lacrosse at the University of Maryland. As a Terrapin, Dougherty led his squad to the NCAA Tournament all four years from 1993-1996, including the Quarterfinals in ’95 and ’96, and the Final Four and Final in 1995.
Doc went on to play professionally in the National Lacrosse League with the Baltimore Thunder and Philadelphia Wings. When Major League Lacrosse was established in 2001, Dougherty busted on to the scene, winning the Steinfeld Cup with the Long Island Lizards in 2001 and again with the Philadelphia Barrage in 2006 and 2007. He has appeared in three MLL All Star games and was named MLL Goalie of the Year three times. He played with the Long Island Lizards, Rochester Rattlers and Philadelphia Barrage. Dougherty was named to the USA World Team in 1998 and 2010, winning gold both times.
• Episcopal Academy (PA) Graduate
• University of Maryland Graduate
• 2x recipient of Ensign C. Markland Kelly Jr. Award (’95 & ’96)
• 2x NCAA Goaltender Of The Year
• 2x First team All-American
• NCAA Tournament MVP (1995)
• 3x MLL All Star
• 3x MLL Goalie of the Year
• 3x MLL Champion (’01, ’06 & ’07)
• 2x FIL World Champion (1998 & 2010)
• Former Asst. Coach at Haverford College & Univ. of Pennsylvania
• 2012 National Lacrosse Hall of Fame Inductee
Adams is the current starting goaltender for the New York Lizards and works for Maverik Lacrosse. He has worked with Dougherty since his years at Springfield-Delco High School. At Springfield, Drew was a two-time first team all-state as a junior and senior and a First team All-American as a senior.
Adams attended Penn State University where he started all four years in cage for the Nittany Lions. He holds the record for most saves all-time by a PSU goalie, ranks first in PSU history in saves with 694, was a team captain as a senior, was named a three-time ECAC Goalie of the Year and a three time Honorable Mention All-American.
Drafted in 2009 by the Lizards, he has been the go to goaltender for New York since 2010, playing in every game. Selected to the MLL All Star game in 2012 and 2013. Voted MLL Goalie of the Year two times in 2011 and 2012.
Adams is currently trying out for Team USA hoping to represent his country this July in Denver.
Springfield-Delco High School (PA) Graduate
• 2x High School All-State First Team
• High School First Team All-American
• Penn State University Graduate
• 3x Honorable Mention All-American
* 3x All-ECAC First Team
• 3x ECAC Goalie of the Year
• ECAC Rookie of the Year (2006)
Austin “Sparky” Kaut
Another Springfield-Delco High School graduate, Austin is a Senior and the current starting goaltender for the Penn State Nittany Lions. In high school, Austin was a three year starter for the Cougars, earning Phillylacrosse.com Co-Player of the Year and All-Delco Player of the Year, All-American and All-State recognition. He helped his team to a league title, served as a captain twice and was honored with the school’s Presidential Award.
While at Penn State, Sparky has been a starter since his freshman year campaign. In 2011, he earned USILA Honorable All-America honors, All-CAA First Team and CAA All-Rookie team. Named the CAA Rookie of the Year while leading the NCAA in save percentage at .635 and saves per game with 13.64. As a sophomore, Kaut continued his dominance in cage for PSU receiving USILA All-America third team, All-CAA First Team honors and was nominated for the Tewaaraton trophy.
In his junior year campaign, Kaut was awarded the Ensign C. Markland Kelly, Jr. Award and earned USILA All-America First-Team honors. Named CAA Defensive player of the Year, All-CAA First Team, helped clinch Penn State’s first CAA title including an undefeated conference run and led the Nittany Lions to their third NCAA tournament appearance, previously in 2003 and 2005.
Kaut was invited to try out for the U.S. Men’s National lacrosse team this past summer.
• Springfield-Delco High School (PA) graduate
• Phillylacrosse.com Co-Player of the Year
• Current Penn State Starting Goalie
• 2013 Ensign C. Markland Kelly, JR. Award (NATION’S BEST GOALIE)
• 2013 USILA All-America First Team
• 2012 USILA All-America third Team
* 2013 CAA Player of the Year
• 2013 CAA Defensive Player of the Year
• 2011, 2012 & 2013 All-CAA First Team
• 2012 & 2013 Tewaaraton Nominee
• 2011 CAA Rookie of the Year
• 2011 CAA All-Rookie Team
• 2011 CAA All-Championship Team
• 2011 USILA All-America Honorable Mention
A La Salle College High School graduate, Amato is the starting goalie for the Maryland Terrapins. During his time as an LCHS Explorer, Niko was named a two-time US Lacrosse High School All-American and a 2009 Under Armour All-American. Amato was ranked the number one freshman goaltender heading into Maryland. Named player of the Year in 2008 by PhillyLacrosse.com and was selected to the Philadelphia Boy’s All Star team. He helped La Salle to an EPSLA and Keystone championships in 2008 and 2009 and named EPSLA Tournament MVP. Voted captain three times by his peers, was a three-time PCL All-Catholic honoree and two-time All-State selection.
Amato entered Maryland following in Doc’s footsteps in 2010 and has been stellar for the Terps. He has helped Maryland to the 2010 ACC title and the NCAA Championship game twice in 2010 and 2011. Niko has been named to the All-ACC team twice in 2011 and 2012, the 2011 NCAA All-Tournament team and honorable mention All-American in 2012 in both pre and post season.
La Salle College High School Graduate
• 2x US Lacrosse HS All-American
• 2x All-State Selection
• PCL All-Catholic honoree
• Under Armour All-American (2009)
• 2008 Player of the Year (PhillyLacrosse.com)
• EPSLA and Keystone Champion (2008)
* 2008 EPSLA Tournament MVP
• PIAA State Champion (2009)
• 2012 USILA Honorable Mention All-American
• 2012 All-ACC
• 2012 Preseason Honorable Mention All-American
• 2011 NCAA All-Tournament Team
• 2011 All-ACC