By Chris Goldberg
TopLaxRecruits.com, Posted 5/15/17
The Summit Lacrosse North America Girls’ Rankings
1. McDonogh School (MD) 22-0 Prev: No. 1
The Eagles downed Notre Dame Prep, 12-9, in the IAAM title game for their ninth straight championship, eighth straight undefeated season and 177th consecutive win. Wow!
2. Glenelg (MD) 16-0 Prev: No. 2
The Gladiators remain the 3A/2A state favorite; they host Marriotts Ridge tonight in the Section finals.
3. Ridgewood (N.J.) 16-0 Prev: No. 3
The Maroons host Glen Ridge today in regular-season finale.
4. Ward Melville (NY) 13-0 Prev: No. 4
The Patriots clipped West Islip (NY), 15-9.
5. Notre Dame Prep (MD) 19-3 Prev: No. 5
The Blazers fell to No. 1 McDonogh, 12-9, in the IAAM finals; two of their three losses were to the Eagles and the third to No. 2 Glenelg.
6. St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes (VA) 24-1 Prev: No. 6
The Saints face Georgetown Visitation today for the ISL championship and then head to the Virginia independent Schools tournament.
7. Archbishop Carroll (PA) 17-0 Prev: No. 12
The Patriots defeated the top-ranked PIAA team in Pennsylvania, Conestoga, 11-6, and host Inter-Ac power Agnes Irwin today in their regular-season finale.
8. Bridgewater-Raritan (NJ) 14-1 Prev: No. 8
The Panthers are the Group 2 state co-favorite, along with Summit.
9. Moorestown (NJ) 15-2 Prev: No. 9
The Quakers dealt Lawrenceville its first loss, 9-7.
10. Garden City (NY) 14-1 Prev: No. 10
The Trojans look to defend their state Class B state title.
11. Mt. Sinai (NY) 14-2 Prev: No. 11
The Mustangs have won 11 straight games.
12. Summit (NJ) 14-2 Prev: No. 15
The Hilltoppers join Bridgewater-Raritan as a Group 2 state favorite.
13. Conestoga (PA) 16-2 Prev: No. 7
The Pioneers finished a third straight undefeated Central League title.
14. Oak Knoll (NJ) 14-4 Prev: No. 13
The Royals, who dropped a heartbreaking 10-8 decision to No 3 Ridgewood, host Lawrenceville today for the NJ Prep A title.
15. Brighton (NY) 14-0 Prev: No. 17
The Barons host Churchville-Chili (NY) today.
16. Leonardtown (MD) 16-0 Prev: No. 16
The Raiders are a 4A/3A state favorite; they host South River today in the Section finals.
17. Lawrenceville (NJ) 18-1 Prev: No. 14
The Big Red play at Oak Knoll today in the NJ Prep A final.
18. Darien (CT) 13-3 Prev: No. 18
The Blue Wave head into post-season play as the state Large Class favorite.
19. Loyola Academy (IL) 22-2 Prev: No. 19
The Ramblers host defending Minnesota state champion Eden Prairie (9-0) on Saturday.
20. (tie) Torrey Pines (CA) 23-0 Prev: No. 20
The Falcons completed a perfect season by defeating Poway, 15-5, in the finals of the San Diego Section Open Division championship. Taylor Scornavacco had four goals while Marisa Kuberra and Kelly McKinnon each scored three goals.
20. (tie) Marriotts Ridge (MD) 13-3 Prev: NR
The Mustangs clipped Manchester Valley, 15-8, in the state tourney and tonight play at No. 2 Glenelg in the Class 3A/2A Section finals of a bracket that arguably has the the top three teams in the state.
Under consideration:Agnes Irwin (PA) 15-5; Archbishop Spalding (MD) 13-5; Bayport-Blue Point (NY) 12-3; Bishop Ireton (VA) 16-5; Bishop Moore (FL) 20-4; Cardinal Gibbons (NC) 15-2; Century (MD) 12-3; Eastport-South Manor 12-2; Episcopal Academy (PA) 17-4; Garrison Forest (MD) 12-6; Glenelg Country School (MD) 15-5; Longmeadow (MA) 14-1; Manchester Valley (MD) 13-3; Middle Country (NY) 12-3; Milton (GA) 17-4; Morristown (NJ) 14-4; New Canaan (CT) 10-4; Pittsford (NY) 14-1; Rumson-Fair Haven (NJ) 15-2; Sachem North (NY) 12-4; Severna Park (MD) 13-2; Shoreham-Wading River (N.Y.) 9-2; Smithtown East (NY) 14-2; Upper Arlington (OH) 14-2; West Genesee (NY) 11-3; Westminster (MD) 13-2.