Thank You for being a critical part of our lax nation. We are humbled to be a small part of the growth of this great sport.
Growth has not been without its challenges. The tightening of school budgets has effected the ability to buy proper equipment and pay for team functions or even additional coaching. We hear you, and at TopLaxRecruits we have had countless discussions with coaches across the US over the past few years. While the financial aspect of building or growing a team was a key issue, coaches want more than “just fundraising.” Here are some of their other interests:
- Personal development
- Character building
- Community building
- Recognition of the team’s community service
Over the last year our team has been hard at work developing a program that meets areas of interest; player development, team building, and recognition of community service.
Player accountability is a must in team fundraising
Coaches have told us that building individual character is critical to building a team’s identity. We spoke to many coaches about fundraising; and some explained they had low player participation in past projects. Teams with higher player participation were more cohesive, group focused and bonded more when all players participated in fundraising activities. Coaches voiced their opinion that it was critical to include the players in the process.
- Personal accountability
- Develop an understanding of the mechanics that make a team work
- Lasting memories
Teams must contribute to the success of community businesses
TopLaxRecruits staff members have spoken to coaches about fundraising. A cornerstone of a successful fundraising program is to involve area businesses. Everybody wins, businesses support community athletic programs, teams support local businesses and community good-will is strengthened.
Local area businesses need support and every team can benefit from local area business support. Small businesses are tightly woven into the fabric of athletics and the community in general.
Our program has a focus on developing strong relationships with local businesses and providing overwhelming value to your community of supporters.
Getting team recognition and making a difference
Your team works hard each day, training, hitting the weight room, playing in Fall and Winter Leagues and going through grueling practices to prepare for the spring season.
Every team seeks recognition for its hard work and accomplishments. But usually just the league, district sectional or state champions get their picture on social media, or in a team writeup.
At TopLaxRecruits.com, we wish to honor the hard-working teams that make a real contribution to the community – and in this case you are a winner whether the score indicates it or not.
Teams that participate in our new fundraising program will be honored on TopLaxRecruits.com with a full article on their contribution to the local community as the “Team of the Week” for contributing to local businesses. In addition to posting your team on our social media, TopLaxRecruits.com will make donation in the name of your team to a charity related to lacrosse.
Simple and highly effective fundraising from TopLaxRecruits
A WIN-WIN PROJECT
- We will make discount cards, personalized with your logo, and secure discounts for up to 20 local businesses of your choice.
- Sell up to 300 cards with 15 to 20 sponsoring businesses in YOUR community of YOUR choice.
- Businesses benefit by free advertising and increased patronage.
- The cardholder benefits by receiving continuous discounts at each business listed on the card.
- You raise needed funds for your organization and YOU get recognized with an article as TEAM OF THE WEEK on our National website as we both donate a small portion to a lacrosse charity of your choice
Easy to sell due to great value
- Your organization will engage the community and sell a minimum of 200 cards
- A price of just $20.00 per card
- Your patrons receive a $150 minimum estimated value on the card
- Cards can be used multiple times
NOTE – We secure all contracts with vendors and prints custom cards; your task is to create a list of businesses for participation and get them on board!
An example of the Team of the Week – Interboro (PA) – http://toplaxrecruits.com/interboro-pa-boys-girls-squads-first-win-win-community-fundraiser-teams-week/